Tuesday, August 28, 2007

layered cakes (Kek Lapis) by layersense - a truly sarawakian delight!


Recently, I got to know this layered cake from my closest friend! In fact, she is one of the co-founder of layersense, layered cake maker. Well, I was waiting for weeks before I got hold of one sample from her after weeks of buzzing. Apparently, what makes it so unique and different from other contemporary cakes is its colourful and sophiscated design. Colourful? Do not worry, layersense uses safe and natural colouring that will not harm your body.

The design of the cake can be anything. What presented to me were a “ketupat” (Malay rice cake) design and an abstract layers design. According to my friends, the making of the layered cake is not as easy as the normal cake because the layers of the cake are built and topped one by one, pretty time consuming.

I am not a big fans of cake (cheese case is ok, haha), but when I delivered it to my mouth and moved my jaw up and down, I was surprised that the cake is not that sweet and it is flavoured. I tried chocolate-cheese, kiwi, and lemon. Nice, I would say.

Another thing that surprise me is the cakes can be kept in the fridge for a whopping 6 months! Crazy eh?

Layersense is targeting to bring up the wave of layered cake in this coming Hari Raya. The cakes will be well packaged and wrapped if to be given as a hamper.

No comments: